Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mixed Feelings

So, last week I auditioned for a local production of Into The Woods, a musical, here in California. I watched the musical on Netflix before callbacks, and there was a couple of people that I told my mom I would rather enjoy playing. But, there was one person that I mentioned I wasn't sure I'd like to play. Guess who I got cast as. If you guessed the one person who I wasn't to ecstatic about then Ding Ding Ding! you got it right! Now I am really happy to be cast at all, and amazingly there are smaller parts than mine that some very talented people got cast into, but still. I really wanted one of those other parts in-particular.

So I got cast as Granny, who sings in every group song, and has a few lines. But I really had my hope set on the witch, who I thought was just amazing. And to be honest, and this very well be my ego talking here, but I thought that the woman who got cast as the witch sounded like she was simply regurgitating each line exactly how it was said in the film version. At least when I read the lines I tried something different! The other problem with the cast list is that it was posted at like midnight, and I was woken up by my phone informing me of it and now I can't get back to sleep!

So yah, happy to be in the play, but pretty bummed about the part I did get.

No comments:

Post a Comment